CARAMELISED MUSHROOMS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
Add umami to your dessert by using our shiitakes with your cheese platter. We prepare the shiitakes with soya sauce and sesame seed. Finally we serve the cheese platter with a sweet thyme dressing.
By serving this surprising and tasteful dessert, you will go out with a bang!
1. Cut the stalk off all the shiitake.
2. Mix 1 tbsp soy sauce with 1 tbsp mirin
3. Add some olive oil to the pan and heat the shiitake (open side up) over medium-high heat.
4. Spread the marinade over the shiitake and turn them over every 2 min until both sides are nicely caramelised
5. Leave the shiitake on low heat while you work on the filling
6. Cut/crumble/grate/scrape 6 times the amount of cheese you want to put on the shiitake (the amount is up to you)
7. Then add 1 or 2 drops of thyme/honey dressing on top of the cheese
8. Then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top
9. Finally, garnish the shiitake with a piece of grape and it is ready to serve